Using a vpn with kodi via sky router

firecox69

Novice Member
Hi, I have been trying to set up a vpn for use with a matricom kodi box which is android based. However when I check the ip address it's not been changed. I use tunnel bear but they say you need to change it at the router or change the router..but can you change the sky Q router and use a different router as the vpn with third party applications which apparently kodi is. Any help much appreciated

firecox69

Novice Member
Hi thanks for the reply, I will look in to this, is it easy to set up as im not that techy minded. also im confused so you may be able to help me..my vpn is obviously working as i keep getting unusual sign in messages from microsoft and google asking me to verify activity as yesterday i signed in to my email from hong kong??? so why isnt it working on kodi.l thanks again

alexm3uk

Ok so are you logging in to Microsoft via a computer or laptop using your vpn? On that machine ? Or are logging in on the android box ?

Also as said took me 10mins to get setup YouTube it very easy to do

firecox69

Novice Member
Hi I log into my pad or pc with vpn on both items, also theres a vpn on kodi box but doesn't seem to work on that....looked at router on amazon looks good. Will get one when I get paid

Thanks again

firecox69

Novice Member
Sorry I've got a windows 10 pc and a Samsung android pad which I log into to retrieve emails

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J/A80J OLED details, Best type of Amplification, Film & TV Show News + Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom