Using a VCR via Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ten, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently looking at Sky+ as a tuner for my plasma as it has a s-video output, twin tuners etc, but what would I get if I looped my normal (i.e. non s-vhs) video through it? Would I get any picture?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Had to do some cable swapping since I only use s-video for my DVD player and scarts for SKY+ and VCR.

If I connect my s-video between SKY+ and the TV then the SKY+ output is fine, when I connect my VCR's scart output to SKY+ scart input and the SKY+ scart ouput to the TV then I get the picture from the VCR.
    I haven't found any combination that sends the VCR output through SKY+ and out to the TV via the s-video.

I honestly don't know if this is what you were asking about:)

3. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hiya starburst

i think the last line of your reply comfirms what i thought, that it is not possible to connect a non s vhs deck via scart to a sky plus box, that links to a plasma via a s video lead and get a picture for the occasional video tape. looks like i need to do a bit more research to connect everything up:confused: