Using a V+ box with long lengths of coax

gatkinso

Standard Member
A friend has had his house re-decorated and in my mind, rather unadvisely, had TV coax cable run to multiple rooms as a video distribution method. He already has Virgin Broadband that comes in under the stairs and is tempted to get rid of Sky and go for the V+ box with VM.

My question is, can the digital TV feed be passed down the coax eminating from under the stairs so that the V+ box can be connected to the output socket in the living room? He could then connect the V+ box to his HD TV with HDMI.

Or is the coax cable bringing the broadband feed in different from TV coax cable?

Thnx, G

Mackem

Novice Member
You need RJ6 cable. If he's installed that, fine. But he may not have.

bb and tv comes through the same cable on totally different freqs

your mate just needs to make sure he is put on a high tap on the green cabs on the street..

if he is already on the highest tap in the green cabs then he needs to get a cable booster

you can get them from maplins and they have a return path..therefore his broadband and interactive tv will still work and splitting the signal will not be an issue.

its a good idea to cable up everyone room in the house..in the future id make that move..saves having wires all showing etc

A friend has had his house re-decorated and in my mind, rather unadvisely, had TV coax cable run to multiple rooms as a video distribution method. He already has Virgin Broadband that comes in under the stairs and is tempted to get rid of Sky and go for the V+ box with VM.

My question is, can the digital TV feed be passed down the coax eminating from under the stairs so that the V+ box can be connected to the output socket in the living room? He could then connect the V+ box to his HD TV with HDMI.

Or is the coax cable bringing the broadband feed in different from TV coax cable?

Thnx, G

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom