Question Using a USB hard drive dock with the new Nvidia Shield Pro 2019

Sandra51

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of 3.5 inch 2TB and 3 TB SATA hard drives formatted as NTFS with movies on them that I used to plug in to a USB hard drive dock attached to my Dreambox 8000. Can I do the same using one of the USB ports on the new Shield Pro or would I have to mount and unmount each drive when I wanted to remove it and plug another drive into the dock ?

Also as I have recently bought another dock which says it supports up to 8TB is there an external hard drive size limit on the Nvidia ?

Thanks for any help and info you can give me as I am getting fed up buying stuff then finding it that it will not do what I thought it would ☹

You can mount and unmount if you wish but you can just connect it and add it as storage (as I've done with the new 2019 pro) then you can just drop n drag files onto it from your pc.

Thanks for that Grimpy, any idea of the maximum size it can see ?

I've a Shield (2015?) with a 2Tb drive loaded with some movies attached which I watch using Plex. If I upgrade to the 2019 Pro version can I just plug this drive in or will I need to reformat and load the videos back on?

Thanks

Ginger Biscuit

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom