• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Using a USA AudioAuthority 1154A in UK - help

B

bananaman_man

So, I have decided to get an Audio Authority 1154A from copperbox to solve my component connection issues.

My questions are:

1) What will I need to do to make this work in the UK (apart from the tax issues)
2) Will there be any ‘foreign connection issues’ with my Uk set-up Denon DVD, Toshiba TV, xbox 360 etc.

I am new to this, so I’d appreciate it if you could treat me as a novice!

Thanks for your help.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello bananaman

You'll require a UK (240v) power supply to replace the US (110v) unit the AA will ship with.

Have you considered the NEW Zektor HDS4.1 - it has a UK SRP of 199.95 which includes a UK/Euro power supply.

The spec and feature set of the Zektor is way ahead of the AA box - see http://www.zektor.com/hds41/index.html

Best regards

Joe

B

bananaman_man

Joe,

Thanks for your speedy reply. The Zektor is the other model I am looking at, and at the moment I’m weighing up the cost vs improved performance (with UK support) aspects. If I went with a Zektor I could source it through your company?

Cheers!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello bananaman_man

The Zektor HDS4.1 is an excellent bit of kit - its predecessor the HDS4 was very good and the 4.1 benefits from a few extra 'features' that make it more Home Theatre friendly than the majority of kit on the market.

You'll get me in trouble if I answer the second part of your question :)

Best regards

Joe

B

bananaman_man

Ha ha, understood.

If I decide to go with the Zektor I'll contact you off-forum.

Cheers:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom