Using a torch to clean the screen

Kieran30

Novice Member
Reaction score
Am I being ridiculous that I have to shine a torch on the screen when cleaning the TV. I don't suffer OCD but Im just to fussy and complain about nothing. Is deironised water ok to use when cleaning. is it safe to use?

If you look for faults it kind of ruins the whole experience I don't know whats wrong with me. Am happy with my oled screen seems perfect at the moment

How do you clean a TV screen with a torch?!?!?!?

Anyway, I would avoid using anything other than a soft microfibre or similar cloth for cleaning TV screens. If there's any fingerprints on the screen then I usually find breathing on it and then quickly wiping gently with the cloth is enough to remove without leaving additional smear marks.

No I mean I shine a torch on the screen as I'm cleaning it lol OCD or what it has to be perfect then I'm happy. If had 3 different panels you see so I'm extremely paranoid about causeing damage to it. How often do you clean your TV is deironised water safe to clean the screen as I have that but not needed to use it yet

No I mean I shine a torch on the screen as I'm cleaning it lol OCD or what it has to be perfect then I'm happy. If had 3 different panels you see so I'm extremely paranoid about causeing damage to it. How often do you clean your TV is deironised water safe to clean the screen as I have that but not needed to use it yet
What is there to get so OCD about? Unless you have toddlers or a cat that is attracted to an LG waggle cursor then you have nothing to worry about.

Only thing that should touch your screen once setup is dust. Wipe with a microfibre cloth. End of.

Am I being ridiculous that I have to shine a torch on the screen when cleaning the TV. I don't suffer OCD but Im just to fussy and complain about nothing. Is deironised water ok to use when cleaning. is it safe to use?

Don’t worry I’m Exactly the same with the bright led torch , now I have a magnifying glass with leds which was £2 I’m asda 😂😂 I use a lense cloth and de ionised water and it’s fine 😎

How do you clean a TV screen with a torch?!?!?!?

Anyway, I would avoid using anything other than a soft microfibre or similar cloth for cleaning TV screens. If there's any fingerprints on the screen then I usually find breathing on it and then quickly wiping gently with the cloth is enough to remove without leaving additional smear marks.

Omg where all so alike on avforums 😂😂 I also do breathing but use a lense cloth just to take my OCD to new levels 😂😂

Lol it becomes a point where it's not healthy worrying about a tv. I have serious issues just to enjoy it it sounds easy but it really isn't at the moment. Don't know what is wrong with me.

I just wait until i can't see through the dust, then i give the wife a shout.....

Windolene Window Cleaner Wipes...
71xyYNA4MyL._SL1500_.jpg

as recommended by no one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom