Using a RX-V2065 bought in UK in the USA


Active Member
I've got a Yahama RX-V2065.

I'm moving to the USA next year and I know the voltage over there is different to the UK meaning many electrical appliances will not work.

There is no voltage input selector switch on the back of the amplifier and presumably an amplifier uses too much power to consider using a travel adapter plug, not sure I would want to risk it anyway on such a nice piece of equipment.

So am I right in thinking I have no option but to sell the amp before I move? Is there any other way I can take my beloved amp with me :)



Well-known Member
If you are keen to take your equipment with you, you can buy a uk to usa transformer, they are available in different wattages depending on what equipment you want to connect to it.

uk usa transformer : Maplin Electronics
Top Bottom