• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Using a projector in a dusty envirnoment? Help

CinemaGuy

Established Member
Ive been asked to use one of my projectors to show photos at a party. Fine i thought, until i found out it would be in a farm building, which of course would be dusty to some extend, the building will be cleaned, but i wanted to know how would i add a little more dust protection to my projector. Can I add another layer of projector material into the filter cartridge? Can i place filter material over the vents in order to reduce the amount of dust that enters the projector? Can you reccomend what i can do. Its an 3LCD projector. Im quite desperate to know as party is soon. Thanks :)

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
You could make a hush box for it and have a filter on the inlet. make sure hush box the fan is large so it can move enough air and not be restrictive, and you can have a filter on the intake side. Not the quickest or simplest solution, but it might add some extra protection.

Gary.

Last edited:

tvpro

Standard Member
The more layers of filter material, the less air going through the fans,,,hence hotter bulb and shortened bulb and component life,,, not really advisable to block/ restrict airflow, best and cheapest bet is to make the enviornment cleaner to eliminate as much dust as possible from entering the projector.
Cheers

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Bionair make air 'purifiers' (I used on in my last HC), but you'd need a few or a very large one to try and keep on top of the dust that would be flying around in there. If you buy/hire one, put it in there as early as early as possible so it can catch as much dust as it can before you turn the pj on.

Gary

CinemaGuy

Established Member
Many thanks for your quick replies, does really help a lot, Cheers! Ill avoid using more filter layers and ill have a look into the air purifiers. Cheers again! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom