1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a preamp with Pioneer Ax10i

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pidge22, Feb 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pidge22

pidge22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,
    I have a Pioneer Ax10i and have recently purchased a Preamp to go between the Cd player and ax10i
    I have connected the pre amp to the Ax10i via the Power Amp inputs and removed the U connectors to do this.
    There is also something in the instruction booklet about connecting 2 phono cables to any stereo input on the Preamp from the preouts which I have assumed are directly below the power amp inputs on the Ax10i I have also done this.
    There is a big improvement in Cd Playback with the Pre direct to the Power Amp section of the ax10i.
    The only problem is I do not get any sound through the Left & Right fronts whilst the pre is plugged in as soon as I remove the Pre cables and put in the U connectors the sound comes through the left and right front speakers.
    It will be a bit of a pain having to remove the U connectors and put in the pre phono cables everytime I want to listen to a Cd!!
    Is there any way around this or am I doing something wrong???