1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a PC LCD monitor for Home Cinema??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Gman85, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Gman85

Gman85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm wanting a 17 inch LCD tv, but the prices are STUPIDLY HIGH for such small screens. According to people, the reason why LCD TV's are much higher than PC LCD screens is due to the fact they include a tv tuner, speakers and a remote.

Well i definately do not want the speakers, the tuner is not essential as all i want is to watch DVD's and the remote is pointless without the first two listed!

Is there anyway i can use a PC LCD monitor for my home cinema system? I know i'm gonna have to connect the monitor initially to my laptop for the output, but then is there some kind of card that i can connect to my laptop for external sources (My DVD player)??

Someone please help!!

2. Gman85

Gman85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can Anyone Help Me Please!?

3. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    There are converters for this, I use the JS one to connect Scart to a plasma.
    I have just bought a 17 inch Samsung TV/monitor (710 MP) for the conservatory. It cost £270 from Staples, it has Scart, S-video, composite and the PC input.
    Terrestial TV is ok but anything through the scart is better.
    This replaced a CRT 20 inch TV, less bulky but not as good picture quality even though my wife claimed she couldn't tell, she just liked the increase in space.