• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Using a Netgear W111 dongle & a BT Home Hub

mickyd67

Established Member
My dad has recently got a BT HomeHub v2.0 installed and all he's had is bother with it.

He moved from a Netgear router to this Home Hub and the signal strength is very poor.

However the other problem he has is that he has an old PC which he uses now and again and has his printer attached to it. I set it up so he could print to that printer from his laptop downstairs.

Trouble is - that PC is an old Compaq one, has USB 1 and he uses a Netgear W111 (v1) dongle to access the network. It would appear, however, that this dongle will NOT pick up the wireless signal from the Home Hub . I sat next to the hub with the dongle in a laptop with the laptop wireless off and still couldn't pick it up - but could still see the neighbours wireless signal.

Anyone had any issues similar to this - or know of a way to resolve the problem?

Cheers.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
This is nothing to do with the HH, the PC or the USB adapter. It is caused by interference from the neighbours' network(s).

Read the many threads here on using inSSIDer to fix this problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom