1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a multi-channel pre/pro and stereo preamp in the same system?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Daneel, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I am perfectly happy with my Pioneer for movies but I think it is currently the limiting factor in my system when it comes to music performance. I am considering adding a normal stereo preamp to the system but I can't work out if it possible to hook things up so it all works without having to switch cables.

Basically, can I connect my front speaker so they can run from the Pioneer or a preamp? (they would both be going through the power amp)

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    How about a multi channel pre amp? The Arcam C30 with multi channel option has 2 multi channel inputs as well as many stereo ones. I've just bought one of these myself.

3. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks for that Jeff. I didn't know such a thing existed. Is it quite good then? How much will it set me back? Are there any other options, as in similar devices or ways of configuring my system?

4. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Yes it sounds very good, I'm using it with a Rotel 1066 and an Arcam DV27a. Retail price is £1500 includeing the multi channel option. The other option would be to look for some kind of switch, not sure what the quality would be like though.