1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a K700i abroad for email access

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by dougbryson, Oct 19, 2005.

1. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I'm off to St. Lucia at the weekend on holiday but need to take my phone with me for work reasons. Does anyone know if a Sony Ericsson K700i will work there? I'm set up for roaming and have used it in the USA without a problem in the past but I can't seem to find much info about St. Lucia.

I'm with T-Mobile in the UK and according to their website they have a roaming partner in St. Lucia so in theory I should be OK. My main concern is with email access. I currently use T-Mobile GPRS for downloading my emails to my iPaq PDA using Bluetooth. Does anyone know if there is any GPRS coverage in the Caribbean?

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

2. hardiz

hardiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    At a guess i would say NO! A lot of small foreign networks do not offer gprs roaming. The only way you will know is by trying when you get there

3. PAH

PAH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    If you can't use your phone for emails, there's a good chance you'll still be able to access them via an internet cafe.

Even if you don't have a webmail facility on your email account you can use www.mail2web.com to access pop3 mailboxes (for free!), which I find very useful when I'm out and about, just need to find an internet cafe which are everywhere these days. The interface isn't the best but it's usable in emergencies such as when on holiday :smashin: