Using a HTPC

Bretto

Okay, a real dumb question here.....,
but as a pc takes time to boot, and of course the extra power consumption that comes with it do people only use it when watching DVDs / listening to music / using the Internet etc?

I ask this because it seems more practical to use the internal freeview function of the TV when only watching TV.

Is this the normal thing to do?

Of course doing this would need an aerial splitting off into the TV but hey.......

Thanks, Brett.

guv69

Okay, a real dumb question here.....,
but as a pc takes time to boot, and of course the extra power consumption that comes with it do people only use it when watching DVDs / listening to music / using the Internet etc?

I ask this because it seems more practical to use the internal freeview function of the TV when only watching TV.

Is this the normal thing to do?

Of course doing this would need an aerial splitting off into the TV but hey.......

I never switch any of my PCs off! - But yes - I would imagine the freeview onboard the Plasma would be used - unless of course the HTPC freeview looks superior to that of the Plamsa's onboard!

skillian97

Don't forget you can record, pause and rewind Freeview with a HTPC.

That's one of the main reasons I use a PC in place of a freeview box.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom