Quantcast

Using a Coax Tv Antenna to get Sky Freesat channels

santz1992

Novice Member
Hi All

Just wondering if there is any way at all I can use my Coax TV Antenna to connect it to my Sky+ Box in order to get the freesat Sky Channels?

TJT1

Sky dish with quad LNB, coax and the skills to fit and align. An example of a 'starter kit' is HERE on eBay but search for "sky zone 1 dish kit" for more options and coax lengths.
I wouldn't actually recommend using RG6 coax, but would h=go for a better one such as WF100 or equivalent. (but then you will also need the plugs and put them on yourself (easy)

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
$ky+ box without $ky subscription is only marginally more useful than a chocolate teapot.

A terrestrial Freeview recorder would be a better way to spend money imho than on a satellite dish installation.

santz1992

Novice Member
$ky+ box without $ky subscription is only marginally more useful than a chocolate teapot.

A terrestrial Freeview recorder would be a better way to spend money imho than on a satellite dish installation.
Ill probably be planning to get a sky subscription hence why i want a sky box

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Ill probably be planning to get a sky subscription hence why i want a sky box
Surely $ky will install a dish for you and provide their a box as part of that subscription?

More people ask on here how to stop paying for $ky and go to freesat (or Freeview) than how to install a $ky box they don't yet (seem to) own.:rotfl:

Top Bottom