using a Blackberry PAYG abroad

teknosys

Standard Member
all my family have Blackberry's, I am the only one on Orange PAYG. with Orange you cant pay the monthly fee to use the BBM and data abroad (£15 with T Mobile) I only discovered this after moving to orange:rolleyes:

Any ideas as to what I can do? I hardly use the phone so contract does not make much sense for me....

My daughter on a gap year trip in s/e asia and I chat with her all the time its brilliant. Comms OK when me and the wife travel together as I use hers and she has my email on her phone as well......but what can I do if I travel alone?:confused:

zebs

I believe you can use the BBM and Data abroad with Orange PAYG, it is just that you will be charged at Roaming Rates

If I find the relevant bit in the T's & C's @ Orange, I'll come back and post a link :)

Well, as usual with the Carp Orange site, the one page you want is not available :rolleyes:

Probably best you ring them:)

Last edited:

dgp

Standard Member
Hi - I have tried to use Blackberry PAYG in Italy. The Blackberry Internet Service does not work so you can't check emails;etc. You can use the internet, but through Orange WAP not the Blackberry Internet Service. But this somewhate defeats the object of having a Blackberry, I don't know whether a contract is different. I didn't realise this before choosing Orange, and didn't realise T-Mobile was different.

Last year I had a phone with Windows Mobile on it and there were no problems with accessing emails at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom