Using 3 x1 HDMI switch with Panasonic BD player

GATEWAY123

Novice Member
I have recently purchased a LG 4K tv with two HDMI slots.
My Panasonic DMP BD35EB-K DVD player works fine with the tv.
I purchased a 3x1 switch from Amazon that states:

[email protected] HDMI Switch, HDMI Switch 3 in 1 out with HDMI Cable, HDMI Switch 4K Support 3D, 1080P, HDCP2.2, HDR, Dobly, 3 Ports HDMI Switch for PS5, HDTV, Xbox, Roku, Fire Stick, DVD, Projectors​

Visit the NEWCARE Store

I passed the HDMI lead from this unit into the tv, and connected the DVD player HDMI lead into one of the three 'in' sockets. The DVD player acknowledged connection as the red light on the switch unit illuminated. When the DVD player was set to play, the error code U73 showed on the player's screen, and did not play. I tried another lead from the switch unit to the TV that was gold plated, and more thickly wired, but to no avail. The same error code was displayed.
My Chromecast unit works fine with both the switches original HDMI lead, and my own.
The BT TV box display on the TV kept flashing on and off.
I have contacted Panasonic who advise the DVD player was manufactured to be plugged directly into the TV. This I have to accept.
I have set the DVD player to Auto in settings as previously connected to a Panasonic TV using Viera.
I realised my error in the first instance by not making certain the tv had three HDMI slots. I can swap leads between my DVD player and the Chromecast, but am advised HDMI leads were not manufactured to be regularly put in and taken out as the male and female parts will eventually wear.
The switch I purchased has been returned to Amazon. I am reluctant to buy another one without feedback from this forum in case someone else has encountered the same problem and found a solution.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The web page you link to is tells you what the problem is - see below.

Always ensure you use a Switch with an external power supply.

Joe

NO ADDITIONAL POWER IS REQUIRED: You can push the button to change what device you want to use, Plug & Play!(For some devices, the HDMI Switcher 4k may not work (lose signal) when only one input device is power on due to insufficient power. In this case, please turn on two or all the three source devices to try.)’

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom