1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using 2 Arcam 8p's

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Pannett001, Jun 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Pannett001

Pannett001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Using two arcam 8P's

Can I use an 8 integrated to drive my tweeters (left and right) and 2 Arcam 8p's to drive separately the left and right bass units. Is it a simple case of taking one pre-out (lets say the left) sending this to one 8P (set up with the mono link in) and use it to drive the left hand base unit? Then repaeat all of this with the right hand channel?

Mark :lease:

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    You could do this. Unlikely to be a huge benefit though as the 8P is not configurable as a mono power amp and therefore will not deliver the extra power that a stereo amp bridged to a mono amp has.

3. mrkeeling

mrkeeling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Correct, but at the other hand driving only one channel instead of two should yield more power.

If you already have two power amps, go ahead and use them both, but use only one channel on each (in other words, do not use mono link).
    :beer:

4. Pannett001

Pannett001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup as I thought! But I have no idea if the sound will benefit! No point trying to get another 8P as they are going for silly money at the moment. One on ebay is going for £270 + delivery ... they only cost £260 brand new! Would using one 8P to drive both tweeters on both speakers and the other one the bass units yeild tangible improvements?