Quantcast

Users of the Archos AV380

monkeyleader

Novice Member
So Im seriously thinking about getting one of these in the not too distant future .... love the thought of carrying around all of my music (possible IPOD for sale :) all of my digital photos .. and indeed a lot of movies ... just wanting to hear from anyone who is currently using this - especially from the PVR point of view ... how well does it work - what about getting recordings from my SKY+ box onto the archos ?

Any information much appreciated.

Nige

captaindobie

Yeah, connect the supplied cables from the source(sky, vcr, dvd etc) and then simply connect the recording module, which plugs directly into the Archos unit. You have the choice of s-video or composite in. Both look quite good on a screen this small although s-video edges it slightly (as you might expect)
The Archos automatically records all programs in MP4 format, with the audio side of things being encoded @192Kbps (MP3)
You have 4 different video recording modes available. As usual the better the quality the larger the video file. (although with 80GB available, i would suggest you use the best quality every time)
You can also set timers to record programs when you are out/asleep etc
As mentioned in the previous thread, one of the most fabulous things about this unit is that it will quite happily copy DVD's (both Pal & NTSC). Although, strangely, it will not recognise a DTS soundtrack. (complete silence when playing back on the Archos)
Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more info.:thumbsup:

monkeyleader

Novice Member
So I finally got myself an archos (AV380) and boy have I been impressed. Check out some of my photos here I was just wondering if anyone knows where i could pick up spare batterys from - I have 2 but wouldnt mind a third ?

Nigel

Top Bottom