1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User prohibition disabled

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Voltaire, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Voltaire

Voltaire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I am currently looking for a DVD player that would let me go directly to the menu without having to watch the adverts. This is for playing Disney (but not only) DVDs to my son. I HATE these un-acceptable commerciales! I have paid for a film and I don't understand that I can be forced to watch EACH time the same crap! Sometimes, it is simply a 5mn menu you can't pass! :mad:

The only company I know offering this kind of modification is Techtronics. I have bought my first player from them (pioneer 535) 2 years ago and was very happy with their service.

Now I read all these bad experience from people previously happy. I am surprised as i have been in touch with them these last days and always got an answer (email) the same day (only sales dept?)

Anyway, the real stuff I'd want is a Pioneer and not a Sony. But they only modify the Sony 905 and 999 with this feature. I was about to buy the 905 when I read these terrible threads about them.

My question is: where the hell can I get a player with this "User prohibition disabled" feature if not Techtronics? Am I the only one to HATE these sh**t? I am ready to pay for this modification on any player.

Where do you recommend buying a region-free player these days?

Thank you very much!

2. FlimsyFeet

FlimsyFeet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah you're not the only one, I know what you mean about Disney DVDs; if my little lad wants to watch Toy Story (I or II) I have to stand there for a minute hitting the skip forward button, and if you press it on one particular screen it freezes my player.

Bugs Life though goes straight to the movie.

I don't know anything about this kind of mod, but if you had a DVD burner, could you just backup the DVD copying only the movie, and not any of the other crap? If I had a burner, and I knew how, then that's what I'd do.

3. Lux

Lux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have found that on my Tosh I can overcome most of those forced trailers buy putting the disc in, loading, press stop then press menu or just do a title select.

For the rest I'm afraid I can't help. I bought my two players from Richer sounds and sevenoaks.

HTH

4. Voltaire

Voltaire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried everything to skip these adverts and other logos, long menus, etc. Sometimes, the "stop + menu" is working, sometimes not. It is especially the case with DVDs for kids.

I can't stand that anymore!!! :mad:

I think that Pioneer players don't have remote tricks for making them region free. So, where do you buy yours if not Techtronics? There is no way I buy a Region2 only player! :nono:

5. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Not sure about specific Pioneer models but HomeCinemaHeaven have some in this price list.

6. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I can vouch for these guys, spent 3 hours in their shop one day and spent lots of money, but they were really nice!

My pioneer from them (565a) skips some of the FBI screens etc but not all of them!

7. Voltaire

Voltaire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which guys? Techtronics or HomeCinemaHeaven?

8. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I suspect spidermanalf is referring to HCH as they and he are in Wakefield, I don't think Techtroncis are. :) I also just bought a Sony 730 from HCH which is why I was aware they do Pioneers, no problems with their service either .. though they don't reply to e-mails in my experience, having sent 2 and had no answers some weeks ago.