• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

useless delivery drivers!

shahedz

Distinguished Member
i ordered a new Harmony 885 remote from DABs like a kid on the night before Xmas i was really fired up to play with it tonight ( going as far to cancel seeing a freind so i can set it up-sad i know) i phoned my mum who dropped the bombshell she will going out so now one would be there to answer the door and sign for it! :eek: so i rang the couriers and informed them of the chance that someone will not be there but could they please leave it with the neighbours ( next door), what did she say "sorry we can arrange delivery for another day but we cant go knocking on neighbours doors, you can ask your neighbour to keep an eye out for the driver though" . what the hell!! its easier for them to come back twice rather than coming down once and knocking on the next door neighbours house!! now i have to wait for it all over again :mad:

Mr Cat

Banned
thats funny - but when I got my dac - it was left with a neighbour and no card or thing was posted in my door...I only found out when my neighbour knocked on my door later on....

I think I'd prefer to wait another day than for that to happen again...

deanym

I had a Rotel AV amp delivered a couple of months ago and the driver himself signed in my name and dumped it in the (unlocked) shed with no card. However the guy who'd posted it to me had provided a tracking number and I found that this had been done even before I got home. The parcelforce office is 5 mins from my office so I was down there like a shot to get them to explain whart happened (at this point I knew it had been signed in my name but not where the parcel had been left). The guy in the parcelforce office rang the driver and he explained, "yup, I'd signed in the cusotmers name and put it in his shed".

I was furious, and the office chap explained to me that this was against the rules and that he'd be disciplined. Two nights later, I was in the bath, heard a knock at the door and there was the delivery guy standing sheepishly to apologise. I explained that if the item had been stolen from my shed then would he have paid for it? No, was the answer, so how was I to prove it was stolen if my signature was there? Again he had no idea.

So its best left until the next day to make sure you get it. A hassle but more protection for you.

Kazuya Mishima

Mr Cat said:
thats funny - but when I got my dac - it was left with a neighbour and no card or thing was posted in my door...I only found out when my neighbour knocked on my door later on....

I think I'd prefer to wait another day than for that to happen again...

Exactly the same thing happened to me, minding my own business when the neighbour popped out and said there had been a parcel delivered that morning! Usually if it's Royal Mal we get a card saying they called and it's either left with a neighbour or returned to depot, etc. I was peeved that I got ZERO notification that the couriers had called to deliver!

richjthorpe

I got an interesting one a couple of days ago. I was expecting a package to arrive sometime last week but didn't know which day. Friday, there was a knock a the door, I picked up my daughter walked to the front door. On opening the door, the package (A stereo head unit for the car) was on the door step. The delivery driver ? getting back into his van ! He was just going to leave it there on the doorstep in full view !

Reepicheep

I had a large box (about crisp box size) delivered from Screwfix once via Parcel Farce - the driver left it in front of my front door and then put the door mat on top to hide it :D

I got home in the evening and I couldn't believe it - a large box with a small door mat stuck on top!

shahedz

Distinguished Member
some of these stories are horrendous! what type of driver just leaves the parcel there, if that happens to me, i will just claim i never received it , and as i havnt signed for it, how am i to be sure they even bothered delivering the item, i would then make them pay for a replacement, you pay for a secure delivery service, hardly seems secure, :mad:

Garrett

I once had bunch of magazines delivered from a publishing house and they were just left outside the front door in the pouring rain, there was a slight rip in the plastic bag so the mags had water damage.

An other time I was waiting in for a delivery and I saw the postie when I took the dog out for a walk, he said he delivered it to my parents, (as he knew they were on his round). I said I had been wiating in for them all morning and he said he had knocked. I said you should use the bell.
As it was it was a present.

Anyway better than folding in half like some muppets do when it clearly says Do Not Bend.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I once waited in all day for a delivery and was told that the driver had been but there was nobody in. I told them that was impossible but they still insisted that he'd been. So I Asked if he could remember if the curtains were drawn or not in the upstairs windows and was told that the curtains upstairs were definately open. I replied "well that is amazing, I live in a bungalow" - I thought I'd catch them out with that one. I then demanded to speak to the manager who drove to my house in his car to deliver the item !

richjthorpe

I had something similar to that. I got 3 failed deliveries for a replacement mobile phone and they were going to charge me for it even though I was in the house each time. The phone company said "the deliveries were made to a house with a blue door", that's good I said, we've got a white PVC door. I told them to ring my phone if they got lost again.

IronGiant

Yep, I sent a sub out, it was delivered to the house opposite my buyer, signed for by said guy, ie the wrong name, no card left, so as far as I and my buyer were concerned it had disappeared. And he'd waited in all day for delivery.
Only when I chased up could I tell my buyer to cross the road and knock on the door opposite.

Anyone seen the new SANYO TV advert? :D

Dave

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Parcel force...last time I dealt with them the parcel "went missing" from the delivery van....of course it was a dvd player in a box with dvd player blazoned on the side.

I once phoned up the manager at the local parcel force depot to ask him if parcel delivery was their core business as they were so bad at it, I suggested they would be better off maybe selling milk or openng some petrol stations instead.

mickrick

Banned
Regmarch said:
Yep, I sent a sub out, it was delivered to the house opposite my buyer, signed for by said guy, ie the wrong name, no card left, so as far as I and my buyer were concerned it had disappeared. And he'd waited in all day for delivery.
Only when I chased up could I tell my buyer to cross the road and knock on the door opposite.

Anyone seen the new SANYO TV advert? :D

Dave

You mean the Samsung one, surely?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom