• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Used to understand all this!

Royfisher

Standard Member
Hi there, first thread so not sure if in right area, but here goes.

I have sky in the lounge hooked up to my main tv. The aerial is pluged in to the sky box then a cable goes out to the garage and into an 8 way splitter. This send sky to every room in the house.

In the kitchen I have a tv which I can view sky only now as terstrial is no longer. I bought a cheap (£16 Asda) digi box, thinking that I can view all the free to air prog's on the kitchen tv & still have sky as well. Eeeerrr, I thought wrong. The digi box does not pick up any new channels.

Hope this makes sense.

Can anyone advise on how I can get free to air channels on the kitchen tv & keep sky?

Any advice welcome.

Roy.:lease:

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Some tests needed.
If you unplug the aerial downlead from the Sky box and plug it directly into the Freeview box (connected to a TV), does the Freeview STB find the Freeview channels ?
That way you eliminate everyhting else and test just the aerial, Freeview box and TV.

alnwrd

Established Member
To view sky programmes select analogue on your kitchen tv and do an analogue search. To view freeview channels select dvb (digital) on your kitchen tv. This assumes that your tv aerial is working OK

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
To view sky programmes select analogue on your kitchen tv and do an analogue search. To view freeview channels select dvb (digital) on your kitchen tv. This assumes that your tv aerial is working OK

Firstly am surprised you revive a 2 week old thread that appears to have been satisfied ....:confused:

Secondly it is fairly obvious IMHO from the first post that the kitchen TV the OP is talking about does not have a Freeview (DVB-T) tuner!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom