Used Stereo Amp for Under £200/$300

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by ABraveNewGeek, Apr 19, 2016.

1. ABraveNewGeek

ABraveNewGeek
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am on the lookout to get my friend an amp to go with his Marantz CD63 and Tannoy M2 Speakers with the above budget. Previously, he had a Marantz PM47.

Amp does not need to be more than 50 wpc and he mainly listens to rock n pop.

Considering:
    - Audiolab 8000a
    - Rega Brio 3
    - Arcam Alpha 8, 9, or 10
    - Cyrus 7

Any further recommendations or would anyone kindly second any of the above suggestions?

Thanks!

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    Can't fault any of those amp ... assuming you can find them and that you can trust the seller.

If you can find those amps for that price, more power to you.

But you can have this amp with 85w/ch, DAC with Optical and Coaxial inputs, Phono In, Sub Out, etc... for only £199.

HiFix.co.uk - Yamaha A-S501 Amplifier

Not necessarily in a class with the other amps you mentioned, but lots of power and features, full manufacturer's warranty, and full dealer support.

Steve/bluewizard

3. ABraveNewGeek

ABraveNewGeek
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve - looks interesting. There are apple products in the mix (as inputs) so was looking to go the Arcam AirDac route a bit later on. Unless there is something better out there? I have done some but not exhaustive research on options.

4. Don Dadda

Don Dadda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +719
    I posted on the other thread you have on the same subject. I suggest you close the other one.

I posted:
    Though a bit more than 50wpc - Marantz PM7001 or PM7001KI version if you can find one though it could be a struggle to find a ki for 200