Used OLED worthwhile?

nl92

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have been offered an LG 55B6V OLED second hand for a very tempting price. I have seen the TV and it is in full working order. I am slightly put off by the fact that the TV was made in late 2016 however and wondered if anyone had any advice on whether or not it would be worth it. As I said it's a very good price but I don't want to waste my money if it is likely to experience problems. Anyone with any knowledge or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If it really cheap then maybe but you would be better saving your pennies and buying a new one with a 5 or 6 year guarantee

£275 which I think is a good price. I'm just concerned with the age of the TV but I don't know if that's misguided or not. Any info would be great. Thanks

Older oleds are more prone to burn
Yes this was my concern although the TV showed no signs of this when I viewed it. They're wanting £275 for it so It's not so much that I'll be devastated if something goes amiss but it's enough to want some value for my money. Thanks and any other advice would be great.

Assuming it’s in good working condition and no screen burn, one main advantage of this vintage is 3D playback which was dropped in newer tv’s

Assuming it’s in good working condition and no screen burn, one main advantage of this vintage is 3D playback which was dropped in newer tv’s
I do enjoy 3d but it's not something that would particularly sway me one way or the other. Cheers for the input.

No 3D on the B6, the curved C6 had 3D and some of the higher models at the time had 3D.

£275 which I think is a good price. I'm just concerned with the age of the TV but I don't know if that's misguided or not. Any info would be great. Thanks

Well new they were £2K and the current replacement is about £1K, so seems to a fair price.

I purchased mine in November 2016 and it's fine no screen burn but I do look after it.

Oh well, I stand corrected. I remember all the moaning when the B7 came out (which I have) that the 3D of the B6 was being dropped. Didn't realise it was model specific!

Oh well, I stand corrected. I remember all the moaning when the B7 came out (which I have) that the 3D of the B6 was being dropped. Didn't realise it was model specific!
It was not dropped, it did not have it in the first place!

Well new they were £2K and the current replacement is about £1K, so seems to a fair price.

I purchased mine in November 2016 and it's fine no screen burn but I do look after it.
Thanks for all your help - I'm leaning towards getting it as its not so much money that I'll be devastated if any issues arise quickly. It was the screen burn factor that stopped me buying an oled last year (instead opting for Sony xf9005) which I love. I watch a lot og news and sport and was petrified of screen burn appearing within a few months. This oled I'll be buying will be almost entirely tv and movies so I'm less concerned. I think for the money it's probably a risk worth taking. Thanks again for the info.

The E6 was 3D, the B6 wasn’t. I had both.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom