Used Dali Oberon On Wall or XTZ Spirit 2?

tinym

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade the current surrounds of my 5.1 surround sound setup. I currently still have the surrounds that were part of the Harman Kardon HKTS 9 Speaker pack.
Due to the WAF I am constrained to speakers that are not deeper than 12cm and available in white.
Currently I am trying to decide whether I should get a new pair of XTZ Spirit 2s for aprox 320€ or a used pair of Dali Oberon On-Walls for 370€ (They're 300€ per Speaker here in Germany).
My Sub is a XTZ 12.17 EDGE

Thanks in advance

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
There is few threads talking about these models. Dali will have a brighter presentation and perhaps more exciting in some ways where as the XTZs are more neutral. Oberons have down firing port so bass response extending bit deeper where as with XTZ you need to run them sealed with bungs. I remember at least two members who has heard both in their rooms side by side. One went with XTZ and other with Dali so it`s really tough to guess which you would like more without hearing em. However if you clearly like little boosted highs then the decision should be fairly easy. I`m fairly sure the Dalis will throw more wider soundstage. AVForums has reviewed the Spirit 5.1 system.

Few pictures, from left Spirit 2, Oberon, Spirit 6.

20181223_104511-jpg.1099936

20181223_104701-jpg.1099942

Last edited:

tinym

Novice Member
Thanks for the comparison! Seems like the Dali would be the better choice.
The surrounds are actually the last piece that I'm looking to upgrade for now. I upgraded my fronts to a pair of Canton Chrono SL 580.2 DC and a Canton Chrono SL 555.2 Center

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom