• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Used books

=adrian=

What happened to used book prices on Amazon. They used to be 1p + £2.80 for delivery. Now you can rarely find an used book that is cheaper than brand new. Where do you buy books from?

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I never miss checking out charity shops as they can be great value.
If it's something specific I'll look on ebay.
When I got into the old Ed McBain books I searched ebay and Gumtree and found an ad weeks old on Gumtree where someone had the complete collection of his 87th Precinct novels, (50 books) which are what I wanted. Cost me £30 with postage :)
But unusual to strike that lucky. :D

=adrian=

I am very picky when it comes to buying books. I spend ages looking through reviews before actually purchasing anything. I couldn't just walk in into a charity shop and buy a book off the shelf :D

Steve N

Distinguished Member
I am very picky when it comes to buying books. I spend ages looking through reviews before actually purchasing anything. I couldn't just walk in into a charity shop and buy a book off the shelf :D
Neither do I. :rolleyes:

I just said it's worth checking them out.
I've found books I'm looking for and been unable to find elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom