Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Used amp choice?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stevegreen, Oct 4, 2005.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    In the next week or so work will start on my dedicated room for listening/movies and games. I have yet to get the PJ and screen but in the first instance I am concentrating on the amplification.

I currently have a full set of speakers for 6.1 consisting of Polk R40 floorstanders for the front, RT25i for the rears and a pair of CS400i speakers for front and rear centres. All this with a SVS 20-39PCi sub :D

Now the room is not massive, something roughly like 15'x7' so i'm not particularly filling a hall but would like plenty of power on tap to drive the speakers well at low (ish) levels.

I have earmarked about £500-£600 for the amp, and would like the simplicity of auto-levels as found on the later Denon's or Yamaha's, though it's not essential.

I'm thinking along the lines of maybe a Denon 3805 and there may be a few available soon as the 3806 comes out but does anyone have any other thoughts on what would suit?