1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used amp choice?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stevegreen, Oct 4, 2005.

1. stevegreen

May 14, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    in my Hymer
    In the next week or so work will start on my dedicated room for listening/movies and games. I have yet to get the PJ and screen but in the first instance I am concentrating on the amplification.

I currently have a full set of speakers for 6.1 consisting of Polk R40 floorstanders for the front, RT25i for the rears and a pair of CS400i speakers for front and rear centres. All this with a SVS 20-39PCi sub :D

Now the room is not massive, something roughly like 15'x7' so i'm not particularly filling a hall but would like plenty of power on tap to drive the speakers well at low (ish) levels.

I have earmarked about £500-£600 for the amp, and would like the simplicity of auto-levels as found on the later Denon's or Yamaha's, though it's not essential.

I'm thinking along the lines of maybe a Denon 3805 and there may be a few available soon as the 3806 comes out but does anyone have any other thoughts on what would suit?