1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Useage timer in Panasonic Viera?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rotty, Dec 31, 2004.

1. rotty

rotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

After much deliberation, I have bought a TH37PE30 Viera - but had some real trouble actually getting hold of one locally. In the end had to plump for Comet (Bristol JL conveniently didn't have any at their warehouse and told me they wouldn't price match Comet anyway!) who, after I had parted with my £1999 told me that there may be a 6 to 10 day delay in getting one as there was a shortage of floor stands at their distribution site.

The salesman then tried to get me to accept their store demonstrator :censored: - well, I would get it quicker and after all, it had only been there for a couple of days :rolleyes: so would be better than waiting, wouldn't it? So I told him it had to be brand factory fresh new or nothing and I would wait.

However, I am starting to worry a bit in case they DO deliver their demo set (cleaned up and packaged properly of course - he told me they had all the boxes and packaging).

Now, I am sure I read on one thread that it was possible to see how long the set hat been run for and how many switch ons etc, but as usual, I can't find it in a search. Does anyone know (and can tell me) the best way to determine if the set is brand new and how long it has run for - so if it's more than a couple of hours I can tell em to take it away. Bear in mind I don't have the manual yet (in case it's in there).....

Your help would be appreciated.

Happy new year all.

Rotty.

2. blindlemon

blindlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not in the manual. You have to go into Service Menu 2 and then it's the last option.

See this thread for how to get into Service Menu 2.

3. rotty

rotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Blindlemon,

many thanks for that - and I have now also found the thread with the original Q asked! Marvellous isn't it? You can run tons of searches and never hit the correct word match....

Thanks again,

Rotty