Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Use Xbox Controller on your PC?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Sunday Ironfoot, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen various cable adapters being sold on ebay that let you use Xbox pads on PC's. However, are the drivers for these any good? Will it let you, for instance, use the the analogue controls on the Xbox pad as ACTUAL analogue controls in PC games, eg. will pushing left a bit more on the analogue stick make the car turn left a bit more? And do the deep analogue shoulder buttons work also, especially for things like analogue accelerating/braking or Throttle control in flying games? Finally what about the clickable analogue sticks, will these work?

Cheers!

2. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not sure but I'd like to know also.

3. conan

conan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I've just got one of the leads from here this week. The drivers I downloaded from the links on the site were no good for me but I managed to get another driver called xctrl. I installed these drivers and the pad is working fine in vice city, makes it much more playable. I haven't tried any other games yet but plan to do that over the weekend.

4. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the various controls on the Xbox pad, were you able to use the analogue sticks and shoulder buttons, did they actually function as analogue controls and not digital (eg. the more you pressed the faster it went etc.)?

5. conan

conan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    OK, had more time to play over the weekend. I've played Vice City as mentioned and also tried Morrowind and Silent Hill 2. It's working great every time, and yes, it does work like an analouge stick. When playing silent hill, the more I move the left joystick the faster I run and vice versa.

I can't gaurantee that it will work with your rig but for me it works great:D

6. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cool cheers, good to hear. Just a couple more things, do both analogue sticks work? Maybe not at the same time but is it possible to set either one up? What about the analogue shoulder buttons, I use these in Xbox racing games to vary the accelerating/braking, do these work in PC games as analogue buttons or just on/off digital? Finally where do you get the driver from? Cheers!

7. conan

conan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Both analouge sticks work, there is also a control panel with the drivers that lets you remap the sticks and D Pad. In Silent hill, if you enable force feedback in the game then the rumble works in the joypad as well:) Again, you can tweak the force of the rumble for left and right motors within the controller setup. The shoulder buttons work but I haven't tries them as analouge yet. I'll find a game tonight and give it a go. A guy off another forums sent me the drivers as I couldn't find them anywhere on the net. If you wanna PM me your email addy I'll send them for you.