Use Video camera as CCTV

6Antique9

Hello, I would like some advice please about connecting my Video camera to my PC through a USB and view what it sees through the lens live while recording/not recording on the PC.I used to have an analogue video camera back in the day and that was simple, this appears to be not quite as clear. The user manual says I will need a HDMI Mini Connector,( cable) to connect to a TV, so with the mini HDMI cable to USB would this work on my PC. Something to think about over the bank holiday.

The video camera is a JVC HD Model GZ-E207REK

Stay safe

oneman

There isn't such things as mini HDMI to USB cable as such. Problem is the HDMI on your PC is output only so you need a HDMI capture device,

I haven't tried this device but reviews seem reasonable for less then a tenner,
Amazon product
And mini-HDMI cable to HDMI cable should be less then than a fiver.

6Antique9

Thanks for that. You won't believe this but I thought I recognised that item so had a look through some of the things I bought and never used over the years. The item i thought it might be is the nanoStick T2. I bought it and never used it, not any use now because it is for analogue, unused, the batteries still in the cellophane. I will do some research and maybe try your suggestion.

Thanks again

6Antique9

I already have CCTV but thought if I needed another temporary camera I might be able to use my video camera to cover an area not already covered, from inside the house. Thanks for the suggestion. I have a spare dash cam but can't figure out how to run it from my computer via usb or some other connection to power it.

Stay safe and thanks for the interest

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom