Use Philips 40PFS5501/12 as a wireless monitor of a laptop?

fashion_m

Hello, I want to use Philips 40PFS5501/12 Android smart TV as a second monitor of a Windows 10 laptop. In Windows I go to "Project" --> "Connect to a wireless display", but I am not finding the TV. Both the laptop and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot (my Android smartphone if this matters) and have their Bluetooth enabled. I cannot find out whether Philips 40PFS5501/12 supports Miracast, if this is the problem. I am sick of cables and I am determined to do everything wirelessly. I want to play movies on the PC and display them on the TV. Please help. Thanks.

EDIT: The laptop is Acer V3-572G-764S, according to DXDIAG Miracast is supported by the integrated Intel graphics but not by the Nvidia GeForce discrete graphics adapter.

Last edited:

AVtest

Hello, I want to use Philips 40PFS5501/12 Android smart TV as a second monitor of a Windows 10 laptop. In Windows I go to "Project" --> "Connect to a wireless display", but I am not finding the TV. Both the laptop and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi hotspot (my Android smartphone if this matters) and have their Bluetooth enabled. I cannot find out whether Philips 40PFS5501/12 supports Miracast, if this is the problem. I am sick of cables and I am determined to do everything wirelessly. I want to play movies on the PC and display them on the TV. Please help. Thanks.

EDIT: The laptop is Acer V3-572G-764S, according to DXDIAG Miracast is supported by the integrated Intel graphics but not by the Nvidia GeForce discrete graphics adapter.

Very technical question and maybe few ways of achieving similar result. But I think you also need to have wifi card capable of this function and tv is not that new either.
But miracast is not as good as you would think and you would be subject to all latency/compression issues. Busy wifi network can affect your experience too, phone could struggle with this and routing traffic.
If its only about playing movies I would rather set up file sharing and access them on your tv/phone with app etc... Some routers have usb ports for connecting portable drives which again you could share across network etc..
Another option dedicated adapter kit which probably would deliver far better experience (firestick, shield, s box). I think Plex also could help if you have app on tv, also other apps might be available on your android tv.

l00pu5

Seeing that this is an Android TV set, Chromecast is going to be your best friend here ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom