1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of wall cladding to hide cables

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by bowlingball, Jun 21, 2005.

1. bowlingball

bowlingball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having seen the wood cladding system used in our local Bose showroom, I would like to use something similar on a propsed home system. They tell me it is made by a German company called MV (MB?) but it's not available in the UK. They get it via Bose in Germany. The system uses vertical brackets (like shelf brackets) and 4' X1' wood panels. With suitable battens this creates a space for cables to be hidden. It is also strong enough to hld a plasma/LCD screen.
    Any experience? Suppliers? Alternatives?

2. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    can you find a picture of this?

3. bowlingball

bowlingball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a picture of the specific system in use at Bose. The nearest I saw, seen in shopfitters as per your links, is 'Slatwall'. Problem with this, is that it's purpose is to priovide a solid wall, from which various fittings can be hung (in the 'slats'). The beauty of the Bose system is that each panel is removable, allowing speakers etc to be mounted and cabling to be managed. From what I saw looking at various sites last night, the best approach will be uprights, as per std shelving, and 12 or 19mm MDF panels cut to size. Fixed to the uprights with hooks. The trick will be finding hooks for vertical panels instead of horizontal shelves.

4. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    ive had a good look around on Google but cant find any slatwall systems that have removeable slats, only ones that you can tuck wires down into the slat and cover with the metal or plastic trims?

5. bowlingball

bowlingball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eventually found www.dragsys.co.uk
    They offer the hardware used by shops to construct a display 'wall' including panels. The fittings allow the panels to be hund, and so are removable.
    I have sent for a calalogue. If this works, I'll post the outcome.
    Thanks for the interest.

6. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    with that system you could get your own veneered board or solid wood and make your own?