1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of NR settings??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MrNPG, Apr 13, 2005.

1. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I've recently purchased a new Panasonic 42" plasma and was wondering what the general thoughts are of the various "noise reduction" settings that you can turn on or off.

My model has "PNR", "MPEG NR" and "3-D COMB".

I've experimented with the settings on and off and, to be honest, can't see much (if any) difference. My DVD player is connected using RGB via SCART.

So, what do you folks think? Is it best to use these "enhancements" or I am I best to leave them all off?

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Which panel have you bought? Provided they are properly calibrated, most Panasonics look best with every "picture enhanching option" turned off. Improperly calibrated, these options may look the picture look better!

3. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I've got the TH42PE50 model. I will probably continue to experiment with the settings over the next few days but I do seem to recall reading reviews in the past of various TV's and they often used to say that the enhancement modes were best kept off.