Use my old Xbox for HD?

superdon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just recently bought a new HD plasma, and its looking great with my standard DVD player, and through cable. However, I am trying to find the best (and cheapest!) way to get true HD stuff on it.

I was looking at the Pinnacle Showcenter to stream stuff from my PC, and then thos morning was looking around and found out about XMBC.

I have an Xbox tucked away that I havent used in ages. Its not chipped.

Should I get the box modded, and will it give me the ability to play all the HD downloads I get? Or should I stick with the Showcenter idea? Or look at an Xbox 360?!?!

Grrrr....want to be able to watch HD!

Cheers :)

If it was me and I had a little bit of money on me spare! ;)

I would trade in my xbox and buy a 360 you will not go wrong. XBMC is good and fine but the 360 is out of the box hd.

Might do this myself after xmas. :smashin:

So, with a 360, i'll be able to connect to my PC and stream HD stuff?

How much do you reckon my standard xbox, with two controllers and 8 games might go for?

So, with a 360, i'll be able to connect to my PC and stream HD stuff?

How much do you reckon my standard xbox, with two controllers and 8 games might go for?

Yes you can stream video/images/music all to the box.

Regarding your xbox its maybe worth £40.00 (Argos currently selling off the old xbox for £49.99 last time I checked) you could check the ads on the forum to see what the going price is.

Argos XBox is £80 and XBox 1 can not stream HD. X360 can only stream HD MPEG2/WMV out of the box.

So I take it then xbox 360 is not the way forward for me then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom