Use mobile or fixed line phone with 4g router internal sim card.

KayCS

That’s bad news then because I don’t think you can use the Cisco to make GSM calls through the Huawei router.

Found it strange though your router does not have the RJ11 telephone connection but seen pictures on the 3 network web site that shows their router with the RJ11 but the one seen on Amazon only has the LAN’s and WAN.

Sorry we can’t help no more than that but if you ever want to go down the Sipgate way for a spare landline number it is relatively easy to set up once you have a free basic account and a Cisco adaptor.

maniben

True. Three website used an old stock photo of B525 instead of the newer B535 which doesnt have the RJ11 port. I always thought that there was a way to access the SIM calling feature via the ATA>Ethernet>router>SIM access.

Thanks your help

Kind Regds

Incandescant

Novice Member
I've only just stumbled across this site, and thread, as I'm attempting a similar project. Like John, I have a tp-link MR600 which I like; it works well. My SIM is with "Three" with unlimited data, minutes, and SMS, so I agree that it is a waste not being able to access the included minutes.

The Huawei B525 looks like a better alternative to the tp-link, and I was interested to learn that a standard phone can be plugged in, and works as expected. I was wondering if anybody has had experience of the Huawei B715S-23c. This also has an RJ11 socket, but it's a newer model and is Cat9 rather than Cat6.

KayCS

I've only just stumbled across this site, and thread, as I'm attempting a similar project. Like John, I have a tp-link MR600 which I like; it works well. My SIM is with "Three" with unlimited data, minutes, and SMS, so I agree that it is a waste not being able to access the included minutes.

The Huawei B525 looks like a better alternative to the tp-link, and I was interested to learn that a standard phone can be plugged in, and works as expected. I was wondering if anybody has had experience of the Huawei B715S-23c. This also has an RJ11 socket, but it's a newer model and is Cat9 rather than Cat6.
I know nothing about the Huawei B715 but there’s a good chance that the software plus hardware works much the same as other Huawei 4G routers that have the phone port.

Incandescant

Novice Member
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still doing some background research on phone number porting and rerouting. If I go ahead and buy the Huawei B715S-23c I'll report back here with the results.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom