Use harmony to switch from SPDIF for TV and Analog for Bluray

BiffBoy

I've been using analog 5.1 for everything which works ok but on my Denon amp that means I dont get any of the Dolby Pro Logic modes which I like to use for Stereo TV.

I've used the "Add Pro Logic to stereo" mode in FFDShow and it adds hiss and some wobble.

Ideally I would like to be able to use my harmony remote to switch from SPDIF for TV and to Analog for Bluray.

Is this possible? :rolleyes:

imilne

Doesn't that mean add it as in changing the data from stereo to pro logic?

Is there some sort of "treat/decode stereo sources as pro logic" option? I don't have ffdshow on this PC so can't check. So it takes the 2 channels and bumps them up to surround sound for you.

BiffBoy

thats what I meant when I said:

I've used the "Add Pro Logic to stereo" mode in FFDShow and it adds hiss and some wobble.

is there way to make a shortcut to change from one to the other?

BiffBoy

look like someone else solved the problem:

Contriving » Easier switching of sound devices in Windows with Soundswitch 3.0dev1.

Easy to install and setup with a nice taskbar icon and hotkeys for switching between 2 sound outputs of your choice.

Just need to work out how to get the TMT3 Bluray Handler in MediaPortal to do the needed hotkey before TMT 3 launches....! But it works anyway so problem solved :)

Now to replace my ailing system disc which is deciding to die on me this week....it never ends!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom