USB Windows 10 install

Deleted member 831638

Reaction score
Yep something so simple has become a huge challenge. I have spent over 8 hours faffing about trying to create a Windows 10 USB Flash drive for a computer I have to do today and still no Windows 10 USB.

The main issue is I'm using Linux I have tried Unetbooting in Linux but there is no way to add the Windows 10 ISO. I tried Win32 disk imager and got errors. My Windows 10 download is the 32bit version.

I tried WoeUSB but Linux can't find the package or I get unable to install errors.

I tried Power ISO but I can't find my blank DVD's the file is 4 GB so will fit on a DVD.

I have two partitions on my hard drive one is a Windows 7 install that I use to play games on the other partition is Linux.

I tried copying the downloaded ISO file to my flash drive to transfer it to Windows but I get Unable to splice file too large error its an 8GB USB formatted to FAT32 I also re-formatted it in Windows to NTFS and tried doing the same again but it comes up with a different error this time.

I thought maybe I can connect to the internet in Windows 7 to download the Windows 10 ISO file seeing that I can't transfer the download from Linux... nope not possible either. None of my wifi adapters will work on Windows without drivers and my router is is too far away in the next room to run an Ethernet cable.

I'm tired I've had no sleep and I'm expected to sort out somebodies computer today which I'm going to have to tell them I can't do it because I have no Windows 10 install disk.

Can anybody help? I will keep trying in the mean time.

Get the raspberry pie imager software, flatpak version is easiest to install if distro supports flatpaks. Run it and scroll down to the bottom select other img on computer and feed it your windows ISO.

I just tested it with a laptop and the windows USB drive booted into its installer.

Thanks I got it done hopefully it works ok fingers crossed.

I'll download flatpak just encase I need it, its sounds like a handy thing to have.

Can you run VM in Linux, Windows, then use Rufus to burn off MBR or GBT ISO image?

If you have issues with paritions do you have a NAS that you can copy the image file to? Or portable HD, or shared network drive?

Can you run VM in Linux, Windows, then use Rufus to burn off MBR or GBT ISO image?

If you have issues with paritions do you have a NAS that you can copy the image file to? Or portable HD, or shared network drive?
Cheers mate I'll keep those in mind for future reference. I got what I needed to do today. I've got a bunch more PC's to do on Friday.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom