USB Video stops playing at 1hr 14mins - Samsung S5 LCD TV

MattGuy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a Samsung Series 5 42" LCD TV. It has a USB port, which enables you to view photos, music, and movie files. I have a problem though. When I watch a movie, everything is fine, until it gets to 1 hour and 14 minutes into the movie, where it cuts off! I've tried more than one movie and they all cut off at the exact same time! I've only tried .mp4 files though, I haven't tried .avi files or anything. I've looked in the manual and the video and audio formats are supported so I don't know what the problem is.

I transfer my movie file to a 2GB USB stick and then plug it into the USB port in the TV.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks everyone,
Matt.

Hi Matt, I have the same problem with my sony bravia ex403. I tried emailing the sony people for advice. after several correspondence, they are convinced that I am using the wrong format. even though i have tried different files, different formats and the video plays fine till 64 mins!!!

Please let me know if u find a solution.

cheers

Hi Matt/Freecinema!

Did you guys found a solution for this problem? I ran into the same problem with the tv I just bought 1 week ago.

My movies stop playing at 1hr 14minutes...

I have sent a mail to samsung support but no reply yet so I figured I could just bump this thread and see if you boys have found any workaround that problem...

Thanks in advance!
-Dennis:confused:

Allways check that you got the latest firmware.
This is for LE**C53*, LE**C55*/C57*, UE**C50*/C51*/C57* models only
Media Play error, Frozen play, USB movie frozen, No play USB movie
It's only applicable to the model which has 'T-MSX5DEUC-2007.4' firmware version.
Solution: Upgrade Firmware to 'T-MSX5DEUC-2009.0' over version by USB

i tried a bigger hard drive and its working fine now. my 2gb and 4 gb pen drives had this problem. i now use a 320 gb hdd. it works just fine !!!

i have the same problem too. its just stops at almost the same time. i am using a 16gb usb and i plug it directly on my tv... anyone know how to fix this?

Hey guys,

I have a Samsung Series 5 42" LCD TV. It has a USB port, which enables you to view photos, music, and movie files. I have a problem though. When I watch a movie, everything is fine, until it gets to 1 hour and 14 minutes into the movie, where it cuts off! I've tried more than one movie and they all cut off at the exact same time! I've only tried .mp4 files though, I haven't tried .avi files or anything. I've looked in the manual and the video and audio formats are supported so I don't know what the problem is.

I transfer my movie file to a 2GB USB stick and then plug it into the USB port in the TV.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks everyone,
Matt.

i have the same problem. called samsung support. no solution but to buy latest tv. i tried upgrading my firmware. but its still the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom