usb TV Card

emjga

Standard Member
Reaction score
Folks

I am looking to buy a usb tv card , for my laptop (IBM thinkpad T42)
So can watch TV in the Caravan.

I was original looking to purchase a card from Avermedia , but on reading other posts.
It looks like Nebula , is the better bet.

A few questions.

If the area I am in does not receive DVB , would the box receive Analogue
I guess the answer is no , as the box properly does not have a analogue tuner in it.

As any one tried any USB DVB box in a Caravan , what were the results like,
Was a portable TV aerial area used ?

Thanks

Matt

The Nebula is the way to go. The USB unit apparantly gives better results than the equivalent PCI unit (not compared myself but is generally the accepted opinion)

The USB is also fairly tolerent of lower signal strengths which is a plus point for you too.

If the area you are in only has analogue coverage you'll see nowt as it's a DVB only tuner.

Finally, unless you are in a very strong signal area, your average £3.99 aerial isn't going to pick up much. Whilst in a caravan you have the advantage of a lack of walls and concrete getting in the way, you clearly are at a disadvantage when it comes to height. However, some of the aerials I have seen on top of some caravans look quite decent and I would imagine that if correctly orientated, you would be able to pick up a decent piccie.

Big Adam said:
If the area you are in only has analogue coverage you'll see nowt as it's a DVB only tuner.

Thanks , that is what I thought.

I did see Hauppauge had a dual tuner , one for analog and one for dvb.
But I have tried there products in the past :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom