• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

usb to scart

salem186

Standard Member
is there such a thing as usb to scart as i want to run my playstation and wii through my pc screen, i currently running both consoles thru a splitter box to the tv,which is great but i have too many tv's in my room, so i thought why not run thru my pc tv card. i have run the play station thru av/phono's at the front before but could i get a usb to phono then attach my splitter box to that?

J

jd_1080

Do you mean USB to scart? They are very different types of connection. USB is a generic digital connection for data and scart is an analogue video cable for audio and video. There is no way to connect the two together directly.

If you want to connect to a tv in on your pc then your best bet is to use a Composite video (lowest quality) in or an S-Video in (better quality). These are both transmitted via a 'scart' cable and you can get adaptors to seperate the video and audio.

If you really do mean USB then you can get some external USB video converters:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=367002

Hope this helps

JD

Sonic67

Banned
As far as I know the Playstation doesn't output any video information out from the USB so even if it was possible there'd be nothing there. USB is for connecting keyboards, mice etc. As said above USB is digital, RGB is Analogue.

Or do you mean HDMI? That's a digital video output but would still need an expensive box to convert to RGB.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom