1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB to phono adaptor fror MP3 player

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by garyf, Oct 3, 2005.

1. garyf

garyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I'm new to the AV Forum and not sure if this question belongs here, but here goes. My son has bought an MP3 player that is rechargeable through a USB connection on our pc. Does anybody know if I can get some sort of USB to phono adaptor to allow him to use a phone charger or similar item when we are on our travels and pc less?

2. Slimchandi

Slimchandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think you may be a little confused about your plugs. If you want to charge the MP3 player you'll either need a computer with a USB socket (as you know) or a power adaptor with a USB plug on the end (and of course the correct step down and polarity so you don't frazzle your player). Don't know quite what you plan to do with the phono adaptor.

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'd like to see that one, charge off the line out of a CD player...
    See above for logical answer.

4. rdhir

rdhir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    A powered USB Hub ought to do the same thing and can be had for a few pounds from ebuyer or similar. USB provides 500mA of power to any device and that's what's used for recharging the device. Simply plug the adaptor into the mains and then into the USB Hub. Ignore the USB cable that you would plug into the computer (from the Hub). Then plug the MP3 into the hub.

Otherwise I would guess anything that provides recharging vua USB ought to work.

5. garyf

garyf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, seems obvious when a little logic applied! A powered USB hub it probably will be.