Usb to 3.5 cable

jd1980

Standard Member
Hi

I have Beats solo headphones.

Recently changed my phone which has a usb-c connector.

Is there a cable I can buy with a 3.5 jack one end and a usb-c on the other ?

Unfortunately when I use my usb c convertor my phone comes up with an "incompatible" message.

Cheers

dannnielll

Lots.. Believe it or not the cheapest device..an Apple dac at about 10 quid, is considered one of the best!.

Daniel 70

Standard Member
Sure you should be able to get a 3.5 jack one end and a usb-c on the other end.

I think that depends on the convertor you are using maybe you should try and get another one.
The technology is that the USB is a digital format and the headphones 3.5mm is analogue..so there must be a DAC in between. As I said the Apple 9.99 one has extremely good performance figures. You have not identified the phone you are using which obviously if it as Apple iPhone is designed for this adaptor. On Android phones, the volume is restricted,..but there are workarounds.. These usually require the purchase of the USB Audio Pro software. There might be some odd limitation on your phone.
For my part , I have had plenty of success with Android phones and Cyrus soundkey, and the Apple adaptor ..the Cyrus is much better...but at 8 times the price!.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Apple iPhones still use the Lightning connector so it can't be an iPhone.
Maybe the OP will clarify.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom