Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

USB-serial converters + software that work

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Teejoo, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

Since there has been a lot of discussion on both the old forum and this one about which USB-serial converters that work with the Tag gear and if the new IAG backup tool works, I decided to get one and do some testing. (To fill up my Beta testing gap ;) ). I tested both the IAG backup tool and normal software update.

I found one that is quite cheap (19 Euros!) and it works flawlessly with both my Dell and Acer laptop. The brand is ATEN, model UC-232A.

So, perhaps something to try since it's cheap cheap! :D

Have fun! :thumbsup:

2. jolaca

jolaca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Teejoo. Where did you get it?? Is it available online??

3. Teejoo

Teejoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I bought it in a store. But if you Google around, you can see tons to buy online.

4. diego120368

diego120368

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello I am new in this forum and I don't have the clear ideas... :rolleyes:

you have gotten something that supplants the cable tagtronic for 19€.? :confused:

you please clarify me, :lesson: because I have problems with my dvd32r and I need to make an upgrade.. :lease:

thank you

5. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Hi don't get all confused, we are talking about a convertor to allow the TAgTronic programming cable to be used with modern laptops that don't have a serial port (the convertors listed are USB-serial convertors). You still need the TagTronic progamming lead in all instances to interface with the TAG kit for progamming TMREQ and software updates. The TagTronic progamming lead was around £70 so beg steal or borrow one if your just trying to update the DVD32R.