1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb/rj45 and svideo blanking faces?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by oreoboy13, Mar 23, 2004.

1. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anybody recommend a good retailer where i might be able to get the above?

2. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Oreoboy13,
    Are you looking for faceplates for a wall socket?

If so have a look at MK Electric, Logic Plus range or BlackBox. They box produce a range of snap in options.

You will struggle to find a faceplate for USB, you might want to consider a USB/Cat5 converter.

3. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply pemberto, the reason i want to run usb is so that i can use my microsoft wireless keyboard in my sitting room, while keeping the hcpc under the stairs......dont really fancy the gyration, especially seeing as the keyboard is laptop size.

And so do you think i would have any probs doing that with an USB/Cat5 converter, or would i just convert both ends and retain usbs plug and play?

4. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Oreoboy13,
    I not used a USB/Cat5 converter myself, have a look at the Blackbox website, http://www.blackbox.co.uk

Select Products, Online Catalogue, converters, Interface, USB and then scroll until you find the USB Solo-E. It retails at £65.00, so not a cheap solutions as you would need two.
    Hope that helps.

5. mark.carline

mark.carline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
  6. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tbh, making the blanking plate isn't a problem anymore as this would be solved with a ethernet plate, i just need to know wether i could use a usb pluy and play device over rj45 if topped and bottomed by a usb/rj45 converter?