USB recorder B7500?

Albertron

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. I want to buy the HISENSE H43B7500 or 7100 model, and I have not been able to find if it is possible to record via USB, from the dvb-t tuner. Anyone know if it is posible? Thanks!!

I have looked at the user manual on the HISENSE website, and it says nothing about it. If someone who has the TV can confirm whether or not they can record on the USB, I would be very grateful, since it is up to them to buy this TV or another.

Thank you.

Maybe by changing the country from the OS of the TV will enable the PVR function.
Some stuff are hidden for example from eastern European countries compared to western ones or UK.

Thank you.

Maybe by changing the country from the OS of the TV will enable the PVR function.
Some stuff are hidden for example from eastern European countries compared to western ones or UK.
To clarify everything. The TV does allow you to record using a timer, but you cannot record from epg. Hisense confirmed that can record from the epg, but I didn't ask him if timers could be created. And a person who has it, tells me, timers can be create.

Can anyone confirm if the USB PVR function works when the TV is in standby? Can’t check it myself right now and don’t want to think it does then miss the recording. Thanks.

I was able to actually test this myself and can confirm that thankfully the TV does indeed record to USB when in standby. :thumbsup:

It seems working in some countries and not in other.
Like I posted here Hisense 55B7500 - Best Bang for the Buck - Settings / Custom Dolby Vision / Lip sync / All Problems it is working in Serbia (maybe with old firmware) and NOT in Croatia.
I tried reset and select Serbia with no luck, then reset again and selected UK (default), again with no luck.
It apparently detects location depending on IP address.
So, I reset again and did not connect to network, to prevent detecting real location.
But without internet access I was not able to scan antenna (terrestrial) channels. Only satellite and cable, antenna was grayed out :(.
Because I was not be able to scan channels and to go back to connect to network, and also not able to select reset in settings, I had to change source (HDMI) to go to settings and reset again.
But finally, PVR (USB recording) is NOT WORKING for me.
I can only export/import channels to USB.
Maybe it would work with older firmware, but I don't know where to find it.
Any suggestion would be welcome.

Last edited:
Just update of my case, and make long story short.
Finally I received email from Hisense service in Croatia.
They told me that manufacturer confirmed that "PVR" and "Time shift" should work on my model (H43B7500).
They requested some pictures (screenshots) from different screens, which I sent them yesterday and now I'm waiting for their response.

Last edited:
Final answer is that PVR and TimeShift are NOT WORKING in Croatia.
So, it is region/country dependent.
SHAME!!!

If that's the case it surely PVR functions should work if you reset the TV back to factory settings and then set it up with UK settings? Don't have it connected to the internet at all during this as well just to be safe. If it isn't then check if it was advertised as having the PVR function in the store you bought it from and if you recently purchased it, leave it back and get a different TV?

No, resetting and changing region/country does not help.
Region is detected by IP.
If not connect to internet, then searching antenna channels is IMPOSSIBLE.
Without internet connection only cable and satelite channels searching is possible.
Manufacturer CONFIRMED that those functions are NOT AVAILABLE in some countries.

Last edited:
I'm afraid you are out of luck then. Only option would be to return the TV if it was a recent purchase and you still have the box and claim it was mis-sold with the PVR function not being available in your country, if the PVR function is a dealbreaker for you.

All I was looking for was a newer TV so the fact that this had a satellite tuner also along with PVR features and more was an unexpected bonus.

This if great TV, specially when I got it for about 215 €, and PVR and TimeShift, as declared in official specifications, would be "bonus" for me.
But, if possible, I'm trying to get it work.
I can return it, but there is no way to get anything else (in this quality and size) for this price.
Now, I sent official complaint to their international support, because this TV model is capable of recording, but intentionally disabled in some countries (including Croatia), and that is obvious discrimination.
I have written confirmation from their service in Croatia.
As Croatia is member of EU, and such discrimination is prohibited by the law, I hope that maybe they will be forced to release new software which will not have this limitation.
Waiting for their reply.

If the PVR function works if the TV is set up for one of your neighbouring countries, that could be an option, though a very strange one. Take the TV in the car and use a portable aerial and let the TV connect to a public free wifi service in that country and set it up, then the antenna option should be there for you when you return home, just rescan for new channels? It seems like a lot of work required, but could be a way to get it working for you, or simply buy a PVR set top box to connect to the TV and use that instead?

It seems to be only option that I didn't try out :)
As I'm living near border (about 8 km / 5 miles) and I also have relatives there (Slovenia), maybe that could work, specially because in that area same TV channels are available.
I will not be able to rescan channels at home, because for that I need active internet connection, and if I do that then TV will "know" that I'm back home.
I'll have to be offline afterwards.
It seems little "crazy", but it might work ;)
I only have to wait for borders to be fully opened (Corona), hopefully soon.

You just have to make sure PVR functions are active if the TV is set up for Slovenia, but if you live that close to the border then a 10 mile round journey isn't much to find out if it'll work! Fingers crossed

I received images from Hisense service that are showing how to record on my TV, and on those images are Slovenian TV programs:
image003.jpg

image004.jpg

So, this images are made in Slovenia, and they are obviously not old.
But for now we have some restrictions on border crossing, but I believe that it will be completely opened very soon.

Well that's encouraging, hopefully you can get it sorted once you are able to travel.

Well that's encouraging, hopefully you can get it sorted once you are able to travel.
Hi, sorry for resurrect such an old thread, but I have the same problem of Easy365.
I've created a post here on the hisense subforum, with no answer (maybe because this is an english forum and english speaking people in UK and USA don't have this problem) and also in an Italian forum, with no useful answer, because Italy. (I'm Italian btw)

First, Easy365 unfortunately is wrong:
The location is NOT detected from IP
Also channel search IS definitely possible without internet connection.

I also have found that record ability depend from the location, and also I've tried several attempt to change it from the user menu.

also tried with factory reset, connected or disconnected from the net. no luck

Now I've found the service menu.
Service menu is a feature not publicly disclosed
Warning: changing the setup in service menu can damage your device

in order to open the service menu on Hisense Tv
Hit menu on the remote
Tap right to enter the full menu
Scroll down to sound
Tap right and select Advanced Audio Settings
Scroll down and highlight the Balance slider, make sure it is on 0
Enter 1969 on your remote
The menu will disappear and a green "M" will appear at the top left
Hit menu on the remote, this time a service menu will appear

servmen3_r.jpg

You can navigate the options and see the parameters

I explored the options on service menu and I found that my Tv has a Hungary set as country, weird since I live in Italy (probably an importer mistake)

I was thinking: by changing this setting, for example to UK could I enable recording?
Can changing the location in the service menu lead to malfunctions?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom