USB on LG DNX190UH

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by e46_m3, Jan 4, 2007.

1. e46_m3

e46_m3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Just bought one of these from Currys and am trying to get the USB port to work with my Maxtor external USB drive - when I connect the drive to the USB port and press the connect button it says no USB found. The drive has only 1 file on it which is a DivX movie file - have tried the drive formatted as both FAT32 and NTFS as read somewhere that some players only work with FAT32 but still cant get it to see the drive. Anyone any ideas??

Thanks

Jase

2. e46_m3

e46_m3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Have also tried a 2GB USB key but it wont work either so I dont think its the drive thats the problem - is there any way of testing the USB port??

3. IWantPVR

IWantPVR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with the USB port connected to a 2.2Gb CF microdrive , (runs 15mins then dead), but with flash cards it's flawless.

I've been suspecting it's to do with the increased power drawn by the microdrive. If your USB drive draws more you could have worse problems.

I've only tried 1Gb flash cards so I was also wondering if cards over 2Gb are an issue. Can you try it with a 1Gb card or less?

4. Lawe

Lawe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have returned mine today, as the USB was failing to read or when it did dropped out after 1 minute. Also was unable to make region free.

Now have a Phillips DVP 5960, which is the same price, which is so much better than the LG.

5. flipside

flipside
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Personally im the reverse i found the philips horrible, its xvid playback was jittery . I bought the LG and all is sweetness and light some usb devices need external power (as they do with the philips) but the playback is nice and smooth.

Ho Hum each to there own