Usb on home hub 3 how to view on mac ?

Vipermo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone help me out here?
if i connect a usb drive to my home hub 3 on windows i see it. And can play music from it but on my mac i dont even see it. Im new to macs so maybe me.
Any help greatfully received.

Hi guys can anyone help me out here?
if i connect a usb drive to my home hub 3 on windows i see it. And can play music from it but on my mac i dont even see it. Im new to macs so maybe me.
Any help greatfully received.

It could be that the drive is NTFS formatted. Macs can't read or write to NTFS formatted drives.

You can get third party utilities that rectify the situation, example:
Download NTFS-3G for Mac - Read-write NTFS filesystem driver. MacUpdate.com

The above is not compatible with Lion though, so you may need a solution from elsewhere:
Search for 'ntfs' MacUpdate Software Updates and Downloads for Apple Mac OS X and iPhone

Also go into the Finder preferences and ensure "External disks" in ticked in the "Show these items on desktop" section.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply dentel01
Its only a usb thumb stick fat32.Progress im at here now least is see's my hub its a start.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-02 at 15.18.48.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-02 at 15.18.48.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 164
I suspect it to be the home hub at fault and not the Mac or OS X? I'm not familiar with the BT home hub so can't suggest a solution, but I'd follow that line of enquiry if I were you.

My Lion Mini sees the USB port on an O2 wireless box so I suspect its the HH.

It could be that the drive is NTFS formatted. Macs can't read or write to NTFS formatted drives.

Incorrect. MacOS cannot write to an NTFS drive, but it can read from one, and "see" it too.

OP, have you tried mounting the drive in Finder? Go to Finder and press command+K and mount it as a network disk. That might work

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom