USB HDD problem

Netskee

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all.

sorry if ive posted this in the wrong section?

ive got a 64gb usb hdd and it used to work fine. one day it wouldn't let me use it at all and came up with some write protection error. i left it alone for a while as i didnt have anything important on it but have now tried to sort it out.

ive followed a few things ive found by googling the subject but if anything, its made it worse :|
now when i plug it into the pc it does recognise it (sort of) - in my computer it displays the same as the drives for SD cards. click on the drive and it asks me to format. ive tried to do that but that throws back an error too.

any help would really be appreciated

not sure if this helps but im running windows vista home premium

Thanks

How does it show up in disk management & device manager? (right click on the computer option in the start menu and choose manage).

see screeny

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 43
What error do you receive when you try and format the HDD?

just tried to format again to get what error came up but its doing nothing at all. just staying on the same screen and the percentage bar isnt moving

It's a bit odd to see a 64GB hard drive, I didn't think they'd made them in that capacity.

Have you tried deleting the partition/volume in disk manager and creating a new one?

Try using a 3rd party program to format it, instead of Windows.

the option to delete the volume is greyed out =/

ive tried using fat32 formetter and had no joy. just came up with errors again =[

started formatting it in computer management last night at around 6pm

53% so far =/

shall i let it finish or is it gunna be a waste of time?

ok so it "finished"

"The format did not complete successfully"

brilliant >.<

open to any and all suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom