USB hard drive enclosure with lockdown slot

Soultech

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a spare 1TB SATA hdd lying about that I was wanting to use at work as part of a backup system. What i'm looking for is an enclosure that's USB, SATA compatible but also has one of those little notches out of case for attaching a lockdown cable to (sticky fingers and that) and preferably looks good but thats not essential.

I was wondering if anyone could make any suggestions of enclosures that have a slot for a lockdown cable and the requirements above? There seems to be a lot of cool cases on the market just none seem to have the lockdown cable bit.

Thanks very much in advance.

Soultech

Cool, yeah I was looking at the Icy Box range as they do look cool. Just didn't see one with Kensington Lock support but that does look like exactly what I wanted. The extra hotswappable drive bay would be handy for ghosting drives as well which I need to do occassionally.

Guys keep suggestions coming but thanks Theydon Bois.

Ah I just noticed that the enclosure is JBOD which from a bit of research means that using the spare bay for ghosting etc isn't possible as it'll treat the hard drives in both bays as a single drive. Which may not be a problem for me as it could mean I could replace the two smaller HDDs in my home PC with my 1 TB and use the two smaller ones at work.

Oh right, I must've misuderstood what JBOD means. Thanks. I'll probably most likely get this one then.

Thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom