• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

USB Freeview TV Stick?

MultiRoom

I'm adding a tuner to my PC, but I have no room for anything internal.

Therefore I'm going to add via the USB3 ports at the back. There don't seem to be that many options at the moment for USB HD TV Tuners, and it's been several years since I last used any.

It looks like I'll have to buy 2 x iView HD sticks (Full HD Freeview USB TV PC Computer Stick Tuner Dongle Digital Receiver Recorder), unless someone can suggest a better product. I just need a dual tuner for freeview, so anything external would be suitable.

Thanks in advance.

MR

AMc

Distinguished Member
@MultiRoom I've just listed my second Hauppauge WinTV DualHD tuner in the classifieds.
I bought it in December to run alongside one I'm already using but my system wasn't up to 4xHD recordings.
The other one has been running 24x7 for about a year without issue so thoroughly recommend them.

Take a look here...
For Sale - Hauppague & Peak TV Tuners & passive ATi 4550 GFX card

[If this is against any rules, please let me know and I'll delete/edit this post]

MultiRoom

@MultiRoom I've just listed my second Hauppauge WinTV DualHD tuner in the classifieds.
I bought it in December to run alongside one I'm already using but my system wasn't up to 4xHD recordings.
The other one has been running 24x7 for about a year without issue so thoroughly recommend them.

Take a look here...
For Sale - Hauppague & Peak TV Tuners & passive ATi 4550 GFX card

[If this is against any rules, please let me know and I'll delete/edit this post]
Thanks for this, I did end up purchasing one just yesterday (DOH!) but if it works well enough and you still have it I'll take it off your hands. Mine should arrive in the next day or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom